Saturday 12 June 2010

I WON'T RUN AWAY FROM A LIFE WORTH LIVING

er, so I might as well promote something else that I wrote on here:

http://theboar.org/tv/2010/jun/10/who-wants-live-forever/

it's one of many TV articles I've written for the university newspaper. thrills and roses.

it's so beautiful outside today. I'm going to get the hammock out and read something about Victorian attitudes towards (subject matter undecided) and try to do well in the exams

just thinking about graduating next year makes me smile

because I'm definitely definitely definitely never going to come back to somerset. The DREAM is New York and I will live in New York, in a scramble tiny flat with murders on the doorstep. Or London, where I will live in a less tiny flat with rape on the doorstep.

so long as there's at least a chance that I can be one of those tragic cases of people killed 'meters from their doorstep' that I read about in The Metro I'll be a happy bunny. Because then I can either be a survivor

or just totally tragic

or, die a 'new york death'. rotting in my flat for weeks before anyone notices.

and I'm pretty certain that Victorian (subject matter undecided) will have little to no bearing on my actual life. although sounding like a twat at mish mash dinner parties could be a bit of a larf, it's not really my bowl of soup and all of this information that I don't want to learn will become nothing as I learn more about how Kerry Katona's gained/lost weight and given up/gone back on drugs.

but, this is what I'm doing. and somehow I know that it's the right thing for me to do. just don't ask me why. just don't ask me where I'm going,

I just close my eyes, new york.

No comments:

Post a Comment