Friday 13 August 2010

PAP SMEAR

And excuses for my awful record of blogging lately.

Number one. It’s summer, and I like to go outside and play with all of the other pasty big kids.

Number two. It’s summer, and ice cream.

Number three. I’ve been operating a laptop without the ‘h’, ‘y’, ‘?’, ‘6’ and shift keys until today when I ventured into PC World and purchased a keyboard so I can type everything and anything that I can ever want to.

Like... Who’s 6th? Why, you ought not to worry about such silly things.

Spectacular.

And I’m going to look silly in the library with my laptop and keyboard, but I find that most people in libraries aren’t really people who are familiar with the freezing heights of Cool Mountain so I won’t really worry.

Shit, and I said that I would do a glastonbury review.

Um.

OK.

Here: it was good. I enjoyed myself.

WHAT FOLLOWS IS PRETTY INCOHERENT. IT’S HERE BECAUSE IT CAN BE AND IT’S GOOD TO RECALL THINGS SOMETIMES. I HAVE A DIARY WITH NOTHING IN IT.

OOPS.

More specifically, I got there on the Friday and missed Tegan and Sarah. Apparently they were average. I arrived just in time to see Vampire Weekend be all amazing and Summery and I wanted to drink some Horchanta and I want to see them again right now. As in now now. Then Dizzee Rascal, and I danced with friends. Most of my friends danced, with the notable exception of Ben who refused to dance/stay awake/not wander off taking photos of lights and grass for the entirety of the weekend. And then I missed Radiohead but I don’t really mind because, well....

OVERRATED.

and I’ve said it. Radiohead.are.not.Gods.

Broken Bells...good but not as good as I wanted them to be. To be fair, I couldn’t really see anything because I had horrific hay fever and I was blindblindblind to everything. Many people asked me if I was alright. Many people assumed that Thom Yorke made me cry. Not so. Because, well....

OVERRATED.

and it’s true, if it’s said enough times.

And no XX because of eye-death but that’s alright because they’re kind of overrated too.

(SIDENOTE: THE XX SHOULD NOT WIN THE MERCURY AWARD. WILD BEASTS DESERVE IT. I BET TWO POUNDS ON WILL HILL THAT THEY WOULD WIN AND I NEED THE MONEY RIGHT NOW. I’M TAKING OUT A CREDIT CARD WHEN I GET OFF THIS TRAIN AND I NEED RENT AND A PLACE TO STAY. SHIT. I SPENT £35 ON A KEYBOARD. SHIT.)

and wake up. notable on Saturday...um. Memory. Is. Not. Working. Because.

I didn’t take any drugs.
I barely drank.

From what I can remember, here’s a list

GOOD

THE NATIONAL
TUNNG
MUSE
SCISSOR SISTERS
Pizza was tasty...um.
RAY DAVIES

BAD

EMPIRE OF THE SUN
I DON’T LIKE KATE NASH
I THINK THAT JACK JOHNSON IS A TWAT.

besides, all of this is irrelevant.
my half-remembered observations mean nothing
if you went and enjoyed it, great.
if you didn’t, sorry. That’s not my fault.

And sorry for this post.
Expect better.

No comments:

Post a Comment