Sunday 13 June 2010

WHERE DO PEOPLE LIKE US FLOAT

And I wasn't going to do another blog post today but I'm thinking about Glastonbury now. I've been to every festival since 2004. And every year apart from last I've had to miss some part of it. 2004, SCHOOL was more important than seeing muse apparently. They're back this year though, so it's OK. I can make up for it.

Also back but not back back at Glastonbury, The Libertines. I need to see them. Need need need. They were there at the 2004 festival as well.

I WISH
I had good enough taste to see them then.

I was too scared, I was sticking with my friends and getting a little bit overawed when Nelly Furtado sang 'I'm like a Bird'. And I remember, with my friend's little brother on his shoulders saying 'this is a big act for so early in the day, it's going to be amazing, it's going to be amazing'

and some time spent in the circus tent. that was 2004. 2005...er. what

wait a second. just found my thingamabob from TWOTHOUSANDANDFOUR so I can actually try to remember who I saw. shite, Bright Eyes were there and I missed them

funny though, because another year they were there and I had a bit of a moment with Conor Oberst. We had a shout conversation from the stage

enough of remembering who, because I need to tell you my Glastonbury stories. That was the whole point of this post. In 2005 I made my way into NME, Q Magazine, onto the front cover of the Q Glastonbury Daily, The Observer and the BBC Website. I was a celebrity and all because I was wearing huge glasses. I have had several interactions with the stars. I have motorboated Beth Ditto. I have grabbed Quentin Defalon from The Teenager's crotch. I shook hands with Seasick Steve (it's all good, apparently) and hugged Alice Glass. Last year I made it onto the Pyramid Stage. N*E*R*D were playing and they needed some dudes who could mosh. I was a dude. I got flung onto the stage and

all the people, it was special

I saw some people who I knew in the front row and it was satisfying. I'll pop the video at the end. I stayed on for a couple of songs. I was exhausted. I couldn't hear any music, just the crowd. No beat, so I jumped everywhere just jumped and jumped and thought

fuck

I'm in front of quite a lot of people here. I left my bag (passport money some clothes) under the railings, had to fight to get it back for about an hour,

managed to make it to Friendly Fires and Lady GaGa in time.

and then I thought I saw someone who I knew, so I texted him. Later that evening we met up. Later that weekend we got married. Later, later. A few months later and we were properly together.

Pharell William's is my homeboy. I should join his posse, again.

but THIS YEAR will be great too. I'll try to get my own gig on the pyramid stage.

And now a list of bands I'm planning on seeing. I might do a little review thing after the event. I probably will.

LIST ...considering I'm not going to get there until late on Friday: Vampire Weekend, Phoenix, The XX, Broken Bells, Simian Mobile Disco, Get Cape..., Carl Barat solo set (could This be a Libertines reunion? :O...the plot thickens), Jakwob, Chiddybang, Kelis, Laura Marling, Midlake, Wild Beasts, Marina and the Diamonds, Delphic, The National, Scissor Sisters, Muse, MGMT, The Temper Trap, These New Puritans, Everything Everything, Tunng, Loudon Wainwright III, Crystal Castles, Primary 1...er yeah. Except I'll probably see other people and it'll be completely different

on the other hand

AH I'M EXCITED!
(try to spot me. it's not hard):


No comments:

Post a Comment