Sunday 30 May 2010

I LEFT MY HOUSE, LEFT MY CLOTHES

It happened. I'm out of touch with the youth. I don't want to be around them. They scare me. Hand me my rice pudding to fling over my wall.

I had a peek at the charts today and I realised that I only knew about 5 songs. Dizzee Rascal is number one with (and it hurts me to write this) 'dirtee- kill me now- disco'. And then there's a series of songs by people who look like Usher/Tinchy Stryder, Eminem's somewhere and

shit, I'm old. I'm 20 in ten days and I know everyone who's older than 20 is all 'you think that's old' but 20 is very old. not a teenager any more. and not knowing the Top 40 is a symptom of oldness.

fuck it, I want to be old. I'm kind of becoming this Miss. Trunchball figure.

I had such a marvelous day today before children spoilt it. Me and a friend went on a pedalo through the river in Leamington Spa, milkshakes and singing like complete twats. A boat went past, and a little girl looked confused. Not -how did that happen? or what is that? confused. a confusion that only little girls understand. a what. a big, huge, what. and we pedaloed for 30 minutes, went shopping. then home, for a mini-marathon of nordic movies. The Idiots and Let The Right One In. Both deserve hella long blogs of their own. I promise to do an Idiots one soon, at least

because I need to find my inner idiot

and my housemates were having a BBQ with people who play tennis in the garden. meat, I don't eat meat. so, movies. and pizza, chips. the neighbours were having a decidedly more raucous BBQ, kids playing and they came over to the garden. Piggy in the middle, I just heard these voices and I closed the lounge door

safe

then later. banging on the kitchen windows. screaming names of people in my house, at the front door. My house was surrounded by these children. children with...high pitched voices and footballs and running with match stick legs. ready to break everywhere. i don't want breaking, anywhere. no .no .

and we all took refuge watching Oskar and Eli fall in love. Beautiful, beautiful. Children should be vampires. all.

hit-hit-hit-hit-hit me with lightning.

No comments:

Post a Comment