Wednesday 6 October 2010

HIGH, LIKE THE 4TH JULY

I kind of wish I was more european sometimes. Then I'd understand the signs in Polish supermarkets. Or at least give them some custom.

One just opened down the road. I've never seen anyone in it apart from the owner who stands at the back of his shop looking wistfully out of the window. There was a woman in there once. I imagine that it was his wife. And they spoke, in Polish

her-you need to sell some more food. we need more blankets and key rings. I only have the one key-ring.
him-it's hard to sell stuff to people who don't care. there's an established supermarket down the road and, well. it's hard. I can whittle you a key-ring from my old teeth. they're all dropping out, you know.
her- I know. it's impossible to kiss you. i taste old potatoes and suet.
him- what's wrong with suet? suet's the foundation of many many nice puddings.
her- they're fatty. you're getting fat. you were never this fat in Poland. also, your mother is fat. you know that your mother is fat. do you want to look like your mother?
him- my mother's pregnant.
her- your mother's not pregnant, she's seventy five.
him- she is pregnant.
her- unless your mother's pregnant with key-rings i don't give a damn. i want the metal ones. not rotten teeth.
him- fine. you see how easy it is. come work one day in the shop. one day.
her- fine

and still. No customers. but but but. They have this fantastic energy drink thing which has a picture of the most Eastern European looking muscle-man ever clutching a can. And I would like to be that man. Also, I want to wear garish sunglasses and bright pink t-shirts and be really pervy and inappropriate but heck. that's ok. I'm danish. or swedish.
FFFFUCK I LOVE SWEDES.  Without reason. Pure, adulterated love.
Europeans, in general. This is of course all in general. Europeans in general give less of a shit than most other people. They're born with ire in their eyes. And they love the best music ever. And they're extreme.

Us Brits. We're just angst. We're bones and guilt and
it all seems so false.

Next year I might do the shitty Brit thing and EXPLAW EURUP.
Maybe I'll go here. It's totally Europe. The other parts are on VBS.tv. search for Groezrock if you want to see the rest of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment