Monday 21 June 2010

ALL YOU EVER THINK ABOUT IS SICK IDEAS INVOLVING ME INVOLVING YOU

so, I've been obsessing again. just listening to one song over and over and over and over and over again

I say obsessing, because the song is 'Obsessions' by Marina and the Diamonds. I tried to hate her, but I can't.

Spotify is aching. Also, Kelis. 4th July. I'm having a macho week.

Something about sport,

but who cares about the world cup anyway? England were always going to be shit. We haven't not been shit for so long that I don't know why it's a surprise. Hopefully it can all be over come wednesday and flags can be taken down from cars.

and I can be satisfied, because my couple months old prediction of Argentina winning is going to come into fruition. People hate that I'm a pundit now. People hate it when I'm right.

particularly about something I know relatively little about. but I know stuff, and I can talk football

it just does nothing for me. it's drone, it's noise. it's men and sweat and


you know, that's not nice.

so, life is watching Come Dine With Me and-

-the other day. there was a peace festival in Leamington Spa. Which I attended. And there was no SPORT. There wasn't really any peace,

just tramps singing and circles of people and tramps singing in circles of people

demented facepaint. a girl painted to look like Jigglypuff got raped.

crying women, everywhere

and lots of weed, people shaking eating cakes. This was a Dante vision, under the smog of 'peace'


with the hope that
peace starts in the lower middle classes
and spreads to the rest of the world.

we went to pubs and I was almost debauched

but for now, eyes closed. summer's coming.


1 comment:

  1. Fuck the football. It doesn't 'bring people together'. It's all fights and people spewing in the streets. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete